Le Printemps des Artistes in English

Grand-titre-PDA

drapeau-gb drapeau-turc-plat drapeau-francais

 

 

 

 

What is Le Printemps des Artistes?
The Printemps des Artistes (PDA) is a charitable art exhibition and sale which takes place each year in springtime. The aim of this event is twofold: unveiling new Istanbul artists to the public, and raising funds in order to support charity initiatives. Year after year, the PDA has become a recognised cultural « rendez-vous » for the French-speaking and international expatriate community as well as for Francophile and artistic Turkish circles.

The PDA team is happy to present its selection of 10 local and international artists. Painters, sculptors, designers and photographers. The result is a colourful and multi-faceted exhibition reflecting the dynamism of the exciting multi-cultural life in Istanbul.

This year, the PDA is celebrating it’s 10th anniversary and has planned a few surprises for the occasion : childrens workshops led by the artists, special meetings with the artists …

A charity-aimed exhibition
All the works of art exhibited in PDA are on sale. This year, 30% of the proceeds will be donated generously by the artists to two charities: the Lape Hospital, and the Tarlabaşı Community Center. The remaining 70% will naturally go to the artists. Sainte Pulchérie French High School graciously opens its beautiful art gallery in order to support the PDA exhibition. They also do the lion’s share of the organisation of the opening night and late night. All other expenses (PR material, cocktail…) are covered by sponsors in order to maximise the funds raised..

Logo-Lape

LAPE Hospital (Fransız Lape Hastanesi)
This psychiatric hospital was set up in Istanbul in 1857 and given to the Sisters of St Vincent de Paul by sultan Abdul Hamid II in 1902. Up to today it has been operated by the Sisters of Charity and goes on welcoming patients thanks to individual donations. It seems very logical for Sainte Pulchérie School, which was also founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1846, to support the PDA exhibition in order to raise money for its parent institution.

Logo-TarlabasiTarlabası Community Centre (Tarlabaşı Toplum Merkezi, TTM ) Last year, for the first time, a portion of the funds raised were donated to a project dear to Istanbul Accueil and the Frenchspeaking community. The work of the TTM association helps rehabilitate the inner-city area of Tarlabaşı. This non-governmental organisation, founded in 2006, provides social, psychological and educational support as well as consultations for more than 400 disadvantaged children, adolescents and women in Tarlabaşı. The organization subsists mostly on Corporate sponsors’ Project grants and through individual donations.

This year, the PDA will help fund the salary of one elementary school teachers, which, without extra financial support, the centre cannot afford by itself.

 

Our 2016 selection:
The PDA is blowing its 10th candle this year and is happy to present its selection of 10 local and international artists. Painters, sculptors, illustrators and photographers.

PDA-2016-bloc-accueil

  • AMMAR ASSALi – Syrian painter
  • CAMILLE LE BRAS – French photographer
  • CEMAL TOY – Turkish painter
  • CEYLAN INSEL – Turkish illustrator
  • ISIL ARISOY – Turkish photographer
  • MARIE AGNES ANNIC – French visual artist
  • MARTINE NICOULAUD – French painter
  • NADIA ARDITTI – Turkish sculptor
  • SABINE BUCHMANN  – French painter
  • URSULA KATIPOGLU – Swiss painter

To know more about the artists, visit our dedicated page.